- ALL OCTOBER - Tricks & Treats at Jessie H. Jones Nature Park
The park comes to life with family-friendly creatures along a FREE trick-or-treat trail. Enjoy games, hayrides, and live creepy critters during this fun, safe JJPV sponsored event.
- AUG thru OCT is peak blooming season at Chappell Hill Lavender Farm: 2250 Dillard Road, Brenham, Texas 77833; (979) 251-8114. During the cutting season which usually begins in August, you can casually stroll the fragrant rows and cut your own fresh lavender. There is no admission charge to visit the farm. More info: http://www.chappellhilllavender.com/
- Mercer Botanic Garden Party Gala in Oct. 2015: 22306 Aldine Westfield Road, Humble, TX, 77338; (281) 443-8731, Dates and times to be announced. More info at http://themercersociety.org/fun-stuff/
- Harris County Master Gardeners' Green Thumb Lecture Series: Propagaion & Seed Saving, 6:30–8:30 p.m. at Barbara Bush Library - 6817 Cypresswood Drive, Spring, TX 77379. FREE. Space is limited so please call to register 281.855.5600. Note: There are other Houston library locations and dates in this same series. More info: http://hcmga.tamu.edu/Public/pubGreenThumb.aspx
- "Lunch Bunch:" noon-2 p.m. @ Mercer Botanic Garden: 22306 Aldine Westfield Road, Humble, TX, 77338; (281) 443-8731. Bring your lunch and enjoy presentations that cover the latest trends on gardening and a variety of related topics. FREE. Lunch Bunch held every 2nd Wednesday of the month. More info: http://themercersociety.org/
- Children's Story Time in the Garden: 10:30 am - 11:30 am @ Mercer Botanic Gardens, 22306 Aldine Westfield Road, Humble, TX, 77338; (281) 443-8731. Children’s Librarian, along with Mercer volunteers, share some of their favorite nature books with children and their parents in the Mercer gardens. A craft project is included. Check in at the Visitor Center for the specific location. Recurring on the Third Monday of the month until. FREE. More info: http://www.hcp4.net/Calendar/
- Open Garden Day and Workshop on Propagation & Seed Saving: 9:00 am - 11:30 am @ Harris County Extension Office, 3033 Bear Creek Drive, Houston, TX, 77084. FREE. More info at: http://harris.agrilife.org/events/