You might have noticed more homes incorporating rocks and stones in their landscaping. After all, every great landscape needs the right frame. Rocks and stones are some of the most versatile elements available for a landscape makeover: They come in many different styles and colors, add texture and contrast to a landscape, can be utilized in many different designs and purposes, can serve as a durable groundcover and require little or no maintenance.
Here are a few inspiring ideas for using stone and rock in your landscape....
- Large boulders and stones are used to create the perfect series of ponds and waterfalls.
- We can turn boulders into water features.
- River Rocks and stones are great for creating the natural curve of a “river” in the landscape. It can either serve as a dry river bed or as the ending flow to a waterfall.
- Large, flat stones are the perfect patio and pathway material. They are sturdy, flat, and will accommodate your patio furniture while keeping the look of your landscape very natural.
- Flagstone, for example, comes in a variety of colors from creamy neutrals, to vibrant rusts and deep grays. You can even mix together different stones styles so that the contrasting textures will make an interesting and unique focal point.
- Crushed granite and gravel are available in many different colors. Shades of gray always complement colorful plants nicely. These materials are perfect for pathways that get a lot of foot traffic and driveways.
- Stones also make natural and unique retaining walls, borders, and garden centerpieces...
Here at Living Expression Landscapes we love to use hardscape elements such as stone, rocks, boulders, and designer bricks to create pathways, retaining walls, patios, etc. to create the perfect landscapes and outdoor living spaces. The possibilities are endless!